Wednesday, October 13, 2010

This Week I...

…went to a drag show.

On Sunday night, Skinny Bitches and their favourite gays headed over to Beefcakes to have some cocktails, some nibbles and watch a drag show.


I started the night off with an Apple Be Martini and it was delish. Definitely the best apple martini I’ve tasted in Cape Town.



Once we’d eaten – an assortment of mini burgers, nachos and potato wedges – we anxiously awaited the arrival of Ms Venus Mercedes.


She appeared in a wave of smoke and glitter. Okay not really but it definitely sounds better then she walked up a flight of stairs and burst into a show tune.


The show was great. Apart from costume changes, sexy dance moves and some Liza covers, Ms Mercedes also talked us through her experience with love. Being a predominantly gay space, I did expect a chorus of “You don’t need to tell me about heartache, darling” but alas nothing.



Well I enjoyed the show, I always feel I could do better. It’s all those hours of watching Priscilla Queen of the Desert.

The only thing I’d struggle with is my drag name. I have an awesome stripper name but a drag name needs a touch of class.

Any suggestions?

Ex-Oh! Ex-Oh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whoop! There It Is!