Friday, September 12, 2014

My Canadian Bucket List: Pumpkin Spice Lattes

I think unless you're living under a rock where pop culture and white girl culture are non-existent, that is the only way you won't know about Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes.

They are the epitome of fall over here and in the US, they have their own Twitter account, they take over Instagram feeds and they're so popular and although seasonal, they keep coming out earlier and earlier to appease the masses.



They've always been something I wanted to try and finally I got the chance. Not gonna lie I was also apprehensive. It's pumpkin spice in a coffee. How does that work? I have recently started to add nutmeg to my pumpkin and butternet savoury dishes...this was gonna be a whole other world.

But 100 million white girls can't be wrong. So I ordered one and got super excited, took a pic, uploaded it to my social media accounts and then finally took a sip. And then I fell in love.



The first thing I loved about it? The smell, it reminds me of baked goods. The second was the cream; cream is a bad word to me. Not because I don't like it but because I love it and I'd like to add it to everything. But because I have a teeny bit of will power, I hardly ever allow myself to have it. Until now.

The latte is amazing. I don't care if that makes me mainstream. It's delicious and it gives you warm fuzzies. The only problem I had is that it's very sweet. Something I learnt can be rectified by my white girl friends. You just ask for it half sweet and voila! No diabetes!

Ex-Oh! Ex-Oh!

Image from here.

3 comments:

  1. Wait until Christmas flavours start coming out - amaze balls - jizzle

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are delish! I usually steer clear of Starbucks coffee when overseas aside from these.

    XOXO One Stiletto At A Time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely want to try one due to FOMO, I'm not even sorry! lol

    ReplyDelete

Whoop! There It Is!