Tuesday, November 23, 2010

This Week I...

...went to see South Africa play USA.


Last week Wednesday The Nelson Mandela Challenge was held at Cape Town Stadium. Bafana Bafana, in their first Cape Town game in several years, took on USA.


Along with Blue Eyes, my gays and the family we headed to the stadium via the Fan Walk. The city centre was filled with yellow as over 50 000 fans made their way to the stadium. It reminded me a lot of the world cup and was great to see so many supporters. It was also awesome to be able to sing the national anthem with a gazillion other supporters. Plus there were lots of cute boys :)


The evening started with an address by President Jacob Zuma and then the game started. I thought South Africa played a lot better than the USA but had trouble finishing. At the end, the Americans won 1-0.



Ex-Oh! Ex-Oh!

4 comments:

  1. Love the fist pic!
    Looks like you had fun
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool pics! I had friends that went to the game and they had so much fun! So sad I missed this.

    ReplyDelete

Whoop! There It Is!